It’s February and that means its pancake month; oh I mean pancake day oops. I am a lover of a good pancake stack. Do you like pancakes too? Try this recipe out on Pancake Tuesday you’ll shock your taste buds, your friends and family! Ever tried a blueberry muffin? Well I have put that into pancake form with added cocoa. Yes you heard me right Chocolate and blueberry pancakes. Sounds delicious I know!
I have a love so strong for pancakes! They are so easy to make & enjoy! I have noticed when I use plain flour in my recipes; the pancakes are not as fluffy as I like them, so that is why in my recipes I opt for self-raising flour which fluffs up my beauties! I’m also always trying out different things with my basic mixture. From adding cinnamon & fresh ginger tot the pancakes to using banana and oats. This time I had some blueberries that needed used up so why not add them to the mixture? I love how the blueberries dyed the colour of the pancakes; they look out of date but taste unreal!
1 cup of self-raising flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tbsp. brown sugar
a pinch of salt
1-2 tbsp. cocoa powder
2 tbsp. of oil
1 cup of plant-based milk
For the blueberry part
1 cup blueberries
2 tbsp. water
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
For the blueberry jam
1. Heat a pot on low, add the blueberries, water and lemon juice cover and let the blueberries cook for about 5 minutes; let it cool
For the pancake
2. Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar, cocoa powder and salt together then add the oil and milk to the mixture; stir until think like a batter
3. Once the blueberries have softened and cooled add half the blueberries to the batter and give it a mix
4. Heat oil in a pan on medium-low; then add a spoon full of the batter to the heated pan, once the edges have browned usually about 30-40 seconds then flip and cook the other side. Do this for the rest of the batter until you have a stack of pancakes.
5. Now you’re ready to serve; stack up you pancakes use the rest of the blueberries to top them off and sprinkle with cocoa powder.
I hope you enjoy making these pancakes! Let me know if you do make them; tag me in your Instagram photos I’m @sophialeighblog or use the hashtag #GreenieVegan. Comment below what your favourite pancake recipe is.
Love Leigh xx