“Part of the secret of success in life is to eat what you like”
Because I love food so much, I post my meals on my Instagram; and so many people wanted the recipe to my kheema dinner from the other day. So this post is doing exactly that; sharing with you my new recipe!
This recipe is of course a vegan take on the Indian classic- What is Kheema? well it a curry dish usually made with mince but I switched that for soy chunks- because I did not have soy mince. You could totally change the soy to lentils also. It is super versatile! And who doesn’t love a good curry recipe to try out!
The photo shows my Kheema mixed with the Bombay veggies- It is super easy to make and does not take up to much time so you’ll be enjoying it within minutes! Great for Lunch or Dinner! Yum.
Soy Kheema and Mixed Bombay Veggies
- coconut oil (1 tbsp.)
- 1 cup of dried soy chunks (soaked in water to expand)
- 1 large red onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp. of turmeric, cumin, coriander& chilli powder(or a mild curry powder)
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup of frozen peas
- 3 potatoes (peeled and chopped into chunks)
- 1 cup of broccoli and sprouts (washed and chopped)
- 1/2 tsp. chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. black mustard seeds
- Heat the oil in a frying pan, add the soy chunks cook for 5 minutes until brown.
- Add the onion, pepper and curry mix for a further 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes, veg stock and peas, bring to a boil simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a pot of boiling water cook the potatoes for 5-6 minutes.
- Then add the broccoli and sprouts and cook for a further 10 minutes, drain and set aside once the veggies are soft.
- Coat a frying pan with oil and add the chilli, turmeric and black mustard seeds for 30 seconds.
- Add the veggies to the pan and until they are evenly coated with the spices, then cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve up with the Kheema with the Bombay veggies and enjoy!
If you give this a try; let me know comment below or send me a tweet @sophialeighblog. Show me your meals by using the tag #Greenievegan on Instagram. Want some more food inspo? Check out my Instagram page Sophialeighblog.